Oregon.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

Multnomah County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Crime Numbers

Multnomah County recorded 22 murders, 391 rapes, 1,178 robberies, and 2,231 aggravated assaults in 2016, the most recent year with a complete set of crime data. Property crime incidences that year include 4,526 burglaries, 28,589 larceny thefts, 6,345 motor vehicle thefts, and 269 arsons.

Compared to 2013 crime statistics, murder rate remained the same in Multnomah County while rape (33.4%), aggravated assault (4.5%), larceny (4.4%), motor vehicle theft (56.9%), and arson (25.7%) rates grew. On the other hand, there were fewer cases of robbery (3.3%) and burglary (14.6%) over the four-year period.

Criminal Records

Police reports generated by deputies are available upon request from the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. To obtain these records, come to the Sheriff’s Office or send a mail request to its address at:

234 SW Kendall Ct.
Troutdale, OR 97060

Requesters can also contact the Sheriff’s Office by calling (503) 988-4300. The Sheriff’s Office provides police reports for most of Multnomah County including the City of Wood Village and Troutdale. However, local law enforcement bodies in the cities of Portland, Fairview, and Gresham have their own records departments. To obtain police reports from these agencies, contact them via:

City of Portland Police Department Records Division

Includes Maywood Park
1111 SW 2nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
Phone: (503) 823-0000

City of Gresham Police Department
1333 NW Eastman Parkway
Gresham, OR 97030
Phone: (503) 618-2318
Additional Phone: (503) 618-2320

City of Fairview
Police Records: (503) 674-6201

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office maintains all inmate and jail records for the last 20 years. To obtain these records contact the Sheriff’s Office. Historical Corrections Records for Rocky Butte Jail are archived at the Multnomah County Records Management Program. To view these records, make an appointment by calling Records Management and Archives at (503) 988-3741.

The Sheriff’s Office provides a helpful inmate locator tool on its website to help members of the public find individuals in jail in Multnomah County. To use this search tool, visit the Public Access to Inmate Data website and search for individuals currently in custody and those recently released.

While the Department of Community Justice of the Multnomah County has a Sex Crimes Unit that monitors registered sex offenders in the county, Oregon State Police is responsible for registering these individuals and putting their information in a central database. Oregon Revised Statute 181.585 empowers the State Police to provide public access to the identity and information of sex offenders with the highest risk of reoffending.

In accordance with this directive, the State Police hosts the Oregon Sex Offender Inquiry System online. Use it to search for sex offenders and predators by name, zip code, and street address. Select Multnomah from the County menu to restrict your search to offenders living in the county.

Court Records

The Multnomah County Circuit Court makes up the Fourth Judicial District of Oregon. Besides the Central Courthouse, it also includes the East County Courthouse, the Juvenile Justice Center, and the Justice Center. Records for these courts are available on the Oregon Judicial Branch Records and Calendar Search portals. These freely accessible portalsinclude Online Records Search for basic case information and a separate portal to search court calendars. Note that court records available on these platforms exclude those of juvenile, adoption, and mental health cases as well as cases covered by the Violence Against Women Act.

After obtaining a case number and filing date using Online Records Search, you may request for copies of court records by mail or in person. For in person requests, visit Room 131 (File Room) of the Multnomah Courthouse located at 1021 SW Fourth Avenue, Portland. The File Room opens to the public from Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

When requesting for court records by mail, download and complete the Records Request Form and send it to:

Multnomah County Courthouse
Attn: Records
1021 SW 4th Avenue, Room 131
Portland, OR 97204

The Court accepts cash and debit/credit cards for fee payments for in-person requests. For a mail request, include a money order or a personal/cashier’s check to cover copy fees. The rate for copies of court records is 25 cents per page. Plain copies can be delivered as electronic documents by email. Include a $3 fee for this service. Each certified copy of court records attracts an additional $5 charge while an exemplified copy has an additional fee of $10.

Multnomah County Circuit Court can also provide audio recordings of court hearings upon request and deliver them on CDs or via secure email. Request for such recordings at Room 131 or mail in a completed Audio Copy Request form to:

Multnomah County Courthouse
Attn: FTR Records
1021 SW 4th Avenue, Room 131
Portland, OR 97204

The Records Department can also take audio copy requests by phone. Call Room 131 at (503) 988-3003 between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. The Court charges $10 per CD for a regular recording and $15 per CD for a certified recording. Include a $1.50 fee when requesting CD recordings by mail. The fee for emailing an audio recording of court proceedings is $9.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

Multnomah County Vital Records issues certificates for births and deaths occurring in the county. It can only issue certificates within 6 months of a birth or death. Thereafter, vital records are available from the Oregon Department of Human Services Center of Health Statistics.

To request for a birth or death certificate from Multnomah County Vital Records, bring a photo ID and the required fee to:

Vital Records
847 NE 19th Avenue, Suite 350
Portland OR

The office opens to the public from Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Residents can also order these vital records by mail. Do so by sending a completed Birth Certificate Form (also available in Spanish) or Death Certificate Form (Spanish) to the address above. Include a check or money order payable to Multnomah County Vital Records. Cash is only accepted for in-person requests. The fee for each copy of a birth or death certificate is $25.

In addition to birth and death records, the Oregon Health Authority also issues certified copies of marriage, divorce, and domestic partnership licenses. Its birth and death records date back to 1903 while its marriage records cover from 1906 to the present and divorce certificates are available from 1925.

Walk into the Oregon Vital Records office located at 800 NE Oregon Street, Room 205, Portland to request any of these records in person. The office opens from Monday to Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Use the self-service kiosk at this location to submit your request. The fees for walk-in requests are $28 for the first copy of a vital record and $25 for each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time. The fee for a full image birth certificate is $33.

To send a mail request, complete and sign an order form and include a photocopy of a valid ID as well as a check or money order for payment. Oregon Vital Records charges $25 for each copy of a vital record and $30 for a full image birth certificate.