Oregon.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Klamath County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

What are Klamath County Arrest Records?

Arrest records are public records and are available at the Office of the County Sheriff. Arrest records contain a list of an individual's apprehension history, including details of events that led to arrests by law enforcement agencies.

The office address of the County Sheriff is:

3300, Vandenberg Road
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Phone: (541) 883-5130
Fax: (541) 883-4271
Email: sheriff@co.klamath.or.us

At the state level, the Oregon State Police keeps arrest records, and they make these records available to individuals, private, and other government agencies on request.

Crime Statistics

The Federal Bureau of Investigation crime statistics put the Oregon violent crime rate as 285.5 per 100,000 persons as of 2018. Oregon's violent crime rate was lower than the country's estimated crime rate of 368.9 per 100,000 persons. According to 2012-2014 data from the same agency the estimated rate of violent crime per 100,000 residents was 219.6 for Klamath county. The Klamath violent crime rate was lower than the state and national median.

What are Klamath County Criminal Records?

Klamath County criminal records detail all arrests, charges, and convicts accorded to criminal convicts in the county. Criminal records are public records and are readily available to individuals who request them. These records feature the following information:

  • Name of the offender
  • Date and location of the crime
  • The nature of the crime
  • Date of arrest
  • Charges pressed against the criminal
  • Date of the court hearing

How Do I Get Klamath County Criminal Records?

The principal law enforcement agency in Klamath County is the County Sheriff. Anyone in need of an individual's criminal history can contact the County Sheriff's Office for background checks or to obtain copies of criminal records.

How to Find Klamath County Sex Offender Information

The state's police department grants the public free access to its Sex Offender Registry. Individuals can search for sex offender information online. In Oregon, the sex offender registry has information about Level 3 Sex Offenders only. Offenders that are under the close supervision of the Psychiatric Security Review Board (PSRB) are also an exception unless the board states otherwise. Individuals can forward a mail to Sexoffender.Questions@osp.oregon.gov for further questions and complaints about sex offenders.

How Do I Visit an Inmate in Klamath County Jail?

Visitation is strictly on appointment. People who wish to visit the Klamath County jail must call the Detention Center on the day they want to visit to schedule an appointment. The phone number to dial is (541) 883-4197. Visiting hours are between 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. The facility visitation scheme runs on a "non-contact" policy. Visitors are to dress modestly as inappropriate dressing may lead to termination of a scheduled visit. The facility requires visitors to tender a valid means of identification indicating their age as the facility only allows special visits for underaged citizens (below 18) as requested by the inmate.

Where and How to Find Inmate Information

Individuals living in the county area can search for an inmate's information online. The jail supervisor, under the supervision of the County Sheriff, publishes a frequently updated jail roster accessible to all residents in Klamath County.

What are Klamath County Court Records?

Court records contain essential information about all court proceedings in the county. In Klamath County, the Clerk of Circuit Court has the responsibility to keep and disperse public records such as court records. Anyone can request court records by contacting the Clerk of Circuit Court's Office via mail or in-person on weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The office address is:

Klamath County Courthouse
316, Main Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Phone: (541) 883-5134
Fax: (541) 885-6757

Location of All Courts in Klamath County

Klamath County Circuit Court
316, Main Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Phone: (541) 883-5503
Fax: (541) 882-6109

Klamath Falls Municipal Court
500, Klamath Avenue
P.O. Box 237
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Phone: (541) 883-5311

Malin Municipal Court
2432, 4th Street
P.O. Box 61
Malin, OR 97632
Phone: (541) 723-2021

Klamath County Justice Court
6500, South 6th Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Phone: (541) 884-1864
Fax: (541) 884-6964

Wood River Justice Court
212, 1st Street
P.O. Box 516
Chiloquin, OR 97624
Phone: (541) 783-2240

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

What are Klamath County Vital Records?

Vital records in Klamath County are typically records of birth, death, marriage and divorce of the county inhabitants. In Oregon and all its counties, vital records do not fall under records that are open to the public under the state's public record laws. Vital records are only available to individuals whom the state terms as eligible. Certified copies of vital records are available at the Oregon Vital Records department, a division under the Oregon Health Authority.

The office address is:

Oregon Vital Records
P.O. Box 14050
Portland, OR 97293-0050

The public can access older vital records at the Oregon State Archives. The office address is:

Oregon State Archives
800, Summer Street, NE
Salem, OR 97310

At the county level, vital records are available through the Klamath County Public Health.

Where and How to Get Klamath County Divorce Records

Divorce certificates are obtainable at the Oregon Vital Records department at $25. Extra copies requested at the same period also cost $25 each. Non-certified copies of divorce records from at least 50 years before the time of the request are available at the Oregon State Archives. The public can also request earlier records. At Klamath County, the Circuit Court Clerk has records that date back to the years before 1925.

Where and How to Get Klamath County Marriage Records

Marriage records since 1911 are available at $25 per copy at the Oregon Vital Records Office. Marriage records older than 50 years are open to the public. Individuals can obtain uncertified copies of earlier marriage records dating back to 1800 at the Oregon State Archives. The Oregon State Archives also keeps state records from 1906 to 1910 and from 1946 to 1965. Note that the County Circuit Court Clerk only issues marriage records before 1906.

Where and How to Get Klamath County Birth and Death Records

Birth and death records are obtainable at the Oregon Vital Records Department for $25. The department issues long-form birth certificates from 1903 to 2007 at $30 each. Short-form death records are available at $25 each. Non-certified copies of birth records dating as far back as 1845 are available at the Oregon State Archives. Death records from between 1903 and 1955 are open to the public. At the county level, the Klamath County Public Health Department issues records of birth or death that occurred at least six months before the period of request. According to the Oregon code, birth and death records are kept confidential. While confidential, they may be issued to the following people:

  • The individual named on the record (in the case of birth records)
  • The legal guardian, mother, father, of the individual named on the record
  • The wife or husband of the individual named on the record
  • The child of the individual named on the record
  • The sibling of the individual named on the record
  • A person who is legally authorized to access the record
  • A legal representative of the person named on the record or any of the other people eligible to access the record